At the Mount Litera School International we recognise that each of us is a cultural being.
- We work together, take risks and inquire into our own and other cultures.
- We think about, and gain knowledge about, the world around us.
- We find ways to communicate our cultural learning.
- We are open minded, reflective and caring about all cultures.
- We strive to become truly balanced and principled global citizens.
At MLSI, we value the similarities and differences each person’s cultural heritage brings to our lives. We celebrate and share our diversity on a daily basis both inside and outside the classroom in order to enrich the learning experience for our students and the whole school community.
We believe that culture is broad and complex. We understand that cultural identity comes from traits and values learned through membership in micro-cultures based on ethnic origin, religion, gender, age, class, native language, geographical region, and other factors. For us, culture is much more than a study of food, fashion, folklore, festivals and fame.
we bring cultural celebrations into MLSI in a variety of ways. We welcome guest speakers, parents and other family members to come into class to share their experiences and traditions. The Primary School has scheduled “international assemblies”, host’s events and encourages students to organize them.